/r/RABM/

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Funeral In Heaven - "Shaanthikarma" (2010)

FUNERAL IN HEAVEN "Shaanthikarma"

Year: 2010
Genre: Black Metal
Country: Sri Lanka 

Track List:
  1. Colors of Bhimpalaasri
  2. The Origins of Evil (Abhaawaya)
  3. The Winds of Uva (Wellasse Satana)
  4. Blashyrkh (Mighty Ravendark) Immortal tribute
DOWNLOAD

Recently I started to receive demos from a quite unexpected place: Sri Lanka. Before I started to post them, I'll introduce you one more band from there, which I got familiar with in 2010. Funeral In Heaven seem to be one of the oldest and best known metal bands in Sri Lanka. Started in 2003, they've released several demos and EPs, but no full-length releases so far. "Shaanthikarma" is a live EP that was recorded in 2010, and it's their latest release up to date (if their participation in some split in 2011 doesn't count). Of course the quality of sound is on the level of amateur live recording, but the material itself is very interesting, more so than a lot of Western black metal. What makes it even more interesting, apart from that it comes from a war-torn country with a quite small metal scene, is the fact that it's strongly influenced by pagan myths and spiritual practices, which apparently are alive and well in modern day Sri Lanka. I'm pretty sure they know about the existence of the RABM movement (I think I've seen them posting in our facebook group), so I think this EP would fit in here.

No comments :

Post a Comment