/r/RABM/

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sacrilege - "Turn Back Trilobite" (1989)

SACRILEGE "Turn Back Trilobite"

Year: 1989
Genre: Doom Metal / Progressive Rock
Country: UK

Track List:

  1. Father Time (Beneath the Gaze)
  2. Silent Dark
  3. Soul Search
  4. Awaken (Suryanamaskar)
  5. Key To Nirvana
  6. Into The Sea Of Tranquility (Parts 1 - 3)
  7. Equinox

DOWNLOAD

The 2nd and the final LP by Sacrilege. You won't find any raw, fast and aggressive stuff there - in contrast to Sacrilege's earlier releases, "Turn Back Trilobite" features slow doom metal with a progressive tinge and very melancholic atmosphere, with lyrics inspired by science, cosmogony, Hinduism and existential philosophy. Fans of crust and raw old school thrash/proto-black metal most probably would be disappointed, but I'd say it's definitely very "mature" release, and it was a quite original work in its day...

4 comments :

  1. Glad to see Sacrilege on here. The Early Demos bootleg is well worth it too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to say this for a while, but TBT was probably one of my fave albums that I found out about this year. Unfortunately there seems to be nothing else quite like it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this album. It was my 1st CD I ever bought, back in '80 when I was a kid and since then thi is my favourite album ever. Would love to have it on vinyl too.
    Too bad they didnt had a chance to record next album, I realy liked the direction they turned to. And as Zann said, nothing else like this around. Unless I'm wrong?

    ReplyDelete