/r/RABM/

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fell Voices - s/t (2009)

FELL VOICES "Fell Voices"

Year: 2009
Genre: Atmospheric Black/Doom Metal
Country: USA

Track List:

  1. As Air To Flame, So Time To Oblivion
  2. To You I Call, That I Better Know My Solitude

DOWNLOAD

I found this album through Chief Commie music blog, where it was posted under "left wing music" label. According to that blog:

"Fell Voices is an atmospheric, "cascadian" black metal band that has only released one demo and this self-titled album. When I first heard the opening track I wasn't overly impressed, but then the second (and final) track came along and blew me away. Not that the first song is bad, it just took me a few listens to get it, while song 2 was love at first listen. The band is probably some flavor of anarchist, and they're from Santa Cruz (where I went to school), so that's something!"

Well, I don't know if it can be called "Cascadian Black Metal", since the Cascade mountain range certainly doesn't extend too far south. Anyway, they're playing atmospheric black metal with strong doom/drone influence, and they're friends of bands like Mania, Ash Borer and Lake of Blood - so they most likely support the ideology of Cascadian BM scene.

1 comment :

  1. That isn't actually the names of the songs is it? I've never seen that elsewhere...?

    ReplyDelete